If you are like most people, this is probably the first time that you have had to deal with a disability that is preventing you from working. One minute you were living your life, and now, you have to gather and provide lots of information and documentation to some faceless bureaucrat. Here are some facts that you need to know:
- Filing for Social Security involves lots of paperwork.
- It can take months before a decision is rendered.
- You must put your trust in a Social Security representative who may very easily make a crucial mistake that could negatively impact your claim.
- Social Security representatives are human and they make mistakes. Murphy’s Law says they will probably make it on your case leading to months more of wait time.
- If you do the right thing and file all of the proper paperwork, you may still be denied. As a matter of fact, 65% of all initial SSD claims are denied.
- The Social Security disability system is incredibly complicated.
- It is risky handling a claim on your own.
- Hiring an attorney that specializes in Social Security disability will most likely be cost effective in the long run.
- All attorneys are not Social Security disability experts.
- Experience counts.
We at the Disability University have the knowledge, expertise and experience to guide you through the extremely complex process of obtaining the Social Security disability benefits that you deserve.